Energy Conservation as a Habit
One of the simplest and most inexpensive things we can do is to practice energy conservation. It’s really not that hard to do and when you realize that by conserving energy you can also save money. That can then translate into a noticeable difference in your electric bill and that’s when it starts to make dollar sense.
- Utilize natural light, open those curtains and blinds.
- Turn off lights and electronics when you aren’t using them.
- Replace Traditional Light Bulbs with LEDs.
- Install a Smart Thermostat.
- Ensure your home is properly insulated, check it and add insulation as needed.
- Install motion sensors for your outdoor lights and put decorative lights on a timer.
- Identify and unplug energy vampires such as any unused charging power transformers.
- Reduce appliance use, fill the dishwasher before running and consolidate clothes washing.
- Install a solar system that matches your current energy usage & offset your electric bill by 100%